Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Luke 6:43-49

v. 43 "No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit."  Now some can pretend to bear good fruit while being a bad tree although I do not believe they can keep it up for long.  There are many excellent actors in the world that will never win an award.  They deceive many for a very long time yet at some point they trip themselves up.

v. 45 "For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks."  What are you saying during the day?  I know that I say things that I should not say.  I am trying to work on this.  It is very hard when someone pushes your buttons.  It's usually someone that knows you well, family especially.  The mouth is such a small part of our body that can cause the biggest problems.  Like my husband and I say, I'm a WIP (work in progress).  Our speech and actions reveal our true motives. 

v. 46-49 If you are the person who hears the Word and does not put it into practice then you are like the person who builds their house on a foundation of sand.  When the storms of life come then the house will crumble.  Why would you build in the sand?  
  • To save time
  • Avoid hard work
  • Stay with friends who are also in the sand
  • The location seemed too good to be true
  • They think disaster can't happen to them. 
When life is calm, our foundations do not seem to matter as much.  When crisis comes, our foundations are then tested and hopefully found to be strong.

I heard from someone that their friend said "My life if going good, I don't need God."  I thought, how sad.  I tried life without God and I didn't know what I was missing.  You don't wait until you are knee deep in misery to call on Him.  He is always here waiting for us to turn to Him, if only we would.  Just waiting for you.

Build your house on a solid foundation and when the storms come you will be prepared. 

No comments:

Post a Comment