Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Luke 6:27-42

v. 27-30 "Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you."  This is one of the hardest things we are asked to do.  The Jews were being told to love the Romans who oppressed them.  This goes against human logic so there is no need to try and figure it out.   I bet many turned away from Jesus when they were asked to do this one thing.  Jesus wasn't saying have affection for your enemies, He was saying be obedient.  Do not let some one's actions rule your response. 

v. 31 "Do to others as you would have them do to you."  Such a well known rule that everyone knows.  Do you feel like God is not there or that He won't help you?  Search your heart and forgive ALL offense, then He can do extraordinary things through you. 

v. 37 "Do not judge, and you will not be judged."  Whatever measure you judge is what you will be judged by.  I have been around some who do nothing but judge others.  Some are mean and others I don't think are trying to be mean but damage it still being done.  I do not like to be around those people because I feel like I'm starting to get surrounded by thorns and I need to get away.  Yes, I have been guilty of this yet I am learning every day and strive to do better than the day before.  I like to be around people who lift me up and make me want to do better. 

v. 40 Make sure you are following the right teachers.  There are many out there who project a religious appearance but who are actually a wolf in sheep's clothing.

v. 41-42 This is such a good example of how out of balanced it is finding fault in others.  I am very visual and thinking that I have a plank in my eye compared to the speck of sawdust in someone else's eye leaves quite the picture.  We also tend to point out people's sin that is the same are ours.  Do not spend all your time criticizing others.  We should be working on our own sins.  Remembering your own "planks" might give you some much needed silence.  The world loves to point out when a Christian is a hypocrite.  A person who tries their best and fails is not a hypocrite.  The dictionary says a hypocrite is a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or beliefs that they do not actually have.  Some synonyms are: deceiver, pretender and Pharisee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment