Sunday, August 4, 2013

Eccl. 4:7-11

v. 7-11 "Again I saw something meaningless under the sun:
There was a man all alone; he had neither son nor brother. 
There was no end to his toil, yet his eyes were not content with his wealth. 
'For whom am I toiling,' he asked, 'and why am I depriving myself of enjoyment?' 
This too is meaningless-a miserable business!
Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work:
If one falls down, his friend can help him up. 
But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!
Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?

You may be getting tired of hearing this by now.  I believe there are several subjects that are repeated over and over so that maybe the lessons will sink in deep so that we will benefit from the wisdom.  I think that history has proven that we are hard headed and keep repeating the same mistakes no matter where we are in the world.  This man that is all alone represents so many today that feel they are alone in this world.  Even with technology today it seems like people are slipping away from seeing others in person.  I have seen many tables at a restaurant where everyone at the table is playing on their phone not even talking to the others they came to eat with!  When we start to question what we are doing and why, it can lead to dangerous thinking.  We are not to be mindless robots, but free souls to live and thrive. 

We are social beings.  Sure I am a loner and need time to myself or it's not a pretty sight, but I love getting together with others to share and laugh.  In the fall I will be leading a bible study at my church and I love to gain insight from other women and be able to see that I am not alone in this world, we all struggle in some area.  When we can come together and share, then we are able to not only help others, but mend our hearts in the process.  If you do not have a group I urge you to find a group or even another person that you can do live with.  Having a safe setting where you can share your struggles without judgment is such a wonderful place to be.  The result is that you find you are not alone like you once thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment