Monday, July 29, 2013

Eccl. 3:15-22

v. 15-22 "Whatever is has already been, and what will be has been before; and God will call the past to account.  And I saw something else under the sun: In the place of judgment-wickedness was there, in the place of justice-wickedness was there.  I thought in my heart, 'God will bring to judgment both the righteous and the wicked, for there will be a time for every activity, a time for every deed.'  I also thought, 'As for men, God tests them so that they may see that they are like the animals.  Man's fate is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other.  All have the same breath; man has no advantage over the animal.  Everything is meaningless.  All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return.  Who knows if the spirit of man rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?'  So I saw that there is nothing better for a man than to enjoy his work, because that is his lot.  For who can bring him to see what will happen after him?"

We all will be held accountable for what we did in our past.  If only we could go back to stop our mistakes and bad judgments, but that can't happen so we are stuck with what we did.  Since there is a lot on my plate from the past, I will choose to do better for the rest of my life.  This part talking about judgment and justice pertains to men, not God.  We can easily be persuaded by others to change our opinion during a trial, many have been bought for even a small price.  Even those that are not part of the trial can have strong opinions about what others have done.  I know that unless we are in someone else's shoes we will not know everything that happened so our judgment is just that, judgment.  God does not ignore injustice, He will bring it all to an end in His timing, not ours.  We know God can do anything so we wonder why He doesn't fix everything.  Do you think He is waiting for us to do something?  We are supposed to be His ambassadors so what should we do for Him? 

God tests men so that they see they are like animals so we will not be consumed by pride.  I believe mankind and animals will all go to the same places, heaven or hell.  Again it says that we should enjoy our work since it is our lot, so no complaining then?  Oops, that is a definite problem area for me.  I was not one of those happy pregnant ladies, while pregnant and for the first few months after they were born I was useless.  I complained a lot and was miserable (short, but intense postpartum).  Now they are in school I find myself still complaining.  This is something that I need to work on.  Every now and then I would be in the moment and appreciate what I was doing and enjoy the time spent with the kids.  I knew that the stage of life was only temporary and it would be gone soon (screaming baby stage) and I would miss it, ok not the screaming baby stage, but the other stuff.  Although most of the time I was looking forward to their next stage of life.  I am trying to enjoy the moments every day now.  Before long they will not want to cuddle anymore and I will miss that tremendously.  I did not grow up with that so I love that we are a cuddle family.  So I need to enjoy my work whether it is writing or cleaning because if I do it for God then my complaining seems to cease. 

No comments:

Post a Comment