Monday, May 6, 2013

Luke 22:7-13

v. 7-13 "Jesus sent Peter and John, saying: 'Go and make preparations for us to eat the Passover.'"  The disciples asked where they should go to prepare it and Jesus replied, "As you enter the city, a man carrying a jar of water will meet you.  Follow him to the house that he enters, and say to the owner of the house, 'The Teacher asks: Where is the guest room, where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?'  He will show you a large upper room, all furnished.  Make preparations there.  They left and found things just as Jesus had told them.  So they prepared the Passover."

The Passover meal included a sacrificial lamb because of the association of when the Jews were trying to leave Egypt they were to kill a lamb and paint it's blood on the door frame of their houses.  When the angel of God saw the blood it would pass over the house and no harm would come to them.  The disciples had to prepare the meat for food and get everything ready for the meal.  Usually women would go to get water so this man carrying a jar of water would have been very easy to spot. Jesus told the men exactly what was going to happen.  Sometimes He is exact and sometimes vague in letting us know things.  Either way we should have the same faith that He is in charge. 

Several years ago I started to pray for my husband's job.  His work was shutting down soon and I felt like I was supposed to pray that he would be back to work by the next February (this started around Feb/Mar 2010).  Sometimes I feel like the Holy Spirit will give me something to pray for and I know that I should pray even if it sounds impossible.  For a long time he kept telling me rumors at work or from coworkers.  Many thought that the plant here was going to be shut down for good, I knew that it was not going to be.  I ignored those rumors and said that God was in charge and I believed it completely.  The company shut down and he had to go to another plant to work and his report date was the last day of February 2011.  I was not surprised at that, but I was surprised that he had to go to TX for 7 months.  You see I prayed both for work in February and that he would be transferred to KY so that he was close to us.  I wanted KY and did not get that from the Holy Spirit.  So off to TX he went, the company then told him that he had to go to another plant for 6 more months after TX.  He got sent to KS and I wasn't sure of when he was actually going to be back since the company was not letting them know a date for coming back.  April 2012 was put on my heart and I prayed with faith that he would be back before the end of April.  His last work day was the end of April, but he took vacation to see us sooner.  This might seem small, but to our family it was big.  He was gone for 13 months which was hard on all of us.  I know that God was working in this situation the entire time.  He did not get the locations he wanted, but I knew the time frame and completely gave it to God.  It was stressful, but I had such an overwhelming sense of peace because I knew God was watching over us even if I did not understand the reasons. 

We do not have to know the why, just the Who.

No comments:

Post a Comment