Monday, December 26, 2016

Red Army Choir (Alexandrov Military Ensemble) Plane Crash

I just heard about the plane crash yesterday that was carrying the Red Army Choir.  They were going to Syria to entertain the troops (they are like our USO) and after refueling the plane crashed with no survivors, 91 people lost their lives.  On board were singers, dancers, musicians, reporters and military personnel.  It is sad that their voices have been silenced and the joy they bring to so many has been extinguished.  Such a devastating blow to their families near Christmas (I read that Jan. 7th is when Russia celebrates Christmas, but I'm not sure if some in Russia start celebrating early).  It seems like one of the singers, Roman Valutov, could not get on the plane due to an expired passport.  If this is true (can't find much about this story) then that would be a wonderful thing.

My heart goes out to anyone suffering loss.  In grief - the location, religion, beliefs, customs or leaders I don't agree with do not matter.  Grief is a universal emotion and we all feel it.  Russia I am praying for you, praying for those who have lost loved ones.  This time of year always seems to be more difficult when suffering loss.  Many of the visitors here are from Russia (2nd highest country to visit).  I hope you will join me and pray for those missing their loved ones and the entire country of Russia during this tragic time.  May God give you peace and comfort during this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment