Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The Greatest Comedian

www.mirror.co.uk


So sad to hear that Robin Williams died.  The best comedian ever.  He was my favorite actor.  Growing up watching him I was always amazed at his ease to make others laugh and his depth in a dramatic role.  Genius and depression often run in close parallel lines.  Some of the most amazing people on the planet have the hardest time with depression.  We look at someone and they seem perfect, we even get jealous of those who have natural talents that we don't have.  We don't know what someone is thinking or the pain they are going through.  Robin had been dealing with depression for a long time.  He could make the world laugh, but he couldn't give himself peace.  I don't know if he was a Christian, but the demons were too much for him to contend with.  It is so sad when people take their own life.  We all have an enemy whether you believe it or not, he is looking for our destruction.  When people kill themselves there is a ripple effect that reaches beyond their comprehension.  With one act, many are destroyed.  I'm having such a hard time with this.  Maybe because he reminds me of my brother Chris or how my brother Bryan use to laugh at his movies.  I know that a bright light in this world has been extinguished.

Robin was in the movie What Dreams May Come, and here is a beautiful quote from that movie:

"Thank you...for gracing my life with your lovely presence, for adding the sweet measure of your soul to my existence."

For a short time in the history of the world, he was a beautiful laughing light who made us smile even when there were many things too serious and too sad to deal with.  I hope in death he has found peace
that he could not obtain on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment