Tuesday, March 4, 2014

What are you shopping for?

This is for all the exhausted, stressed, angry, frustrated sweet women out there who don't think they are good enough and compare themselves to other moms.   Or am I the only one who has cried at the end of the day covered in Cheerios and baby food?

God has placed you in this exact moment in time with these specific children to raise them to know Him and when you look back you will be amazed at what God has been able to do with you, although it might not seem so in this present moment. 

My mom gave me a copy of this and I thought I would share this with you.  It was from a handout she had received a while back from Old Paths Tract Society, Inc.  When we are too busy during our day to spend some time with God we really start to unravel.  Moms are so busy with car pool lines, another trip to the store, homework, etc.  We need to remember that the items in this grocery store are vital to make us the moms that God has created us to be.  If we fill our carts with the things below we will be a mighty force in God's Kingdom.  Do not let the insignificant things of this world take your time and attention.  I know that I need this daily or I'll loose my temper and anger will abound.  I can guarantee that if our kids went with us to this store that they would surely behave!  Don't worry, men you can also go to this grocery store.

Shop in Heaven's Grocery Store

I was walking down life's highway a long time ago.
One day I saw a sign that read Heaven's Grocery Store.
As I got a little closer, the door came open wide,
And when I came to myself, I was standing inside.
I saw a host of angels; they were standing everywhere.
And one angel said, "My child, shop with care."
Everything a Christian needed was in that grocery store.
And all you couldn't carry you could come back the next day for more.
First, I got some patience, love was in the same row.
Further down was understanding, you need that everywhere you go.
I got a box or two of wisdom, a bag or two of faith.
I just couldn't miss the Holy Ghost for He was all over the place.
I stopped to get some strength and courage to help me run the race.
By then my basket was getting full, but I remembered I needed some grace.
I didn't forget salvation, for salvation that was free.
So, I tried to get enough of that to save you and me.
Then I started to the counter to pay my grocery bill.
For I thought I had everything to do my Master's will.
As I went up the aisle, I saw prayer and just had to put that in.
For I knew when I stepped outside, I would run right into sin.
Peace and joy were plentiful, they were on the last shelf.
Song and praises were hanging near so I just helped myself.
Then, I said, "Now how much do I owe?"
He just smiled and said, "Just take them everywhere you go."
"How much do I really owe?"
He smiled and said, "My child, Jesus paid your bill a long time ago."

No comments:

Post a Comment