Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas

I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas.  In all the hurry of the season I had become stressed and feeling not very festive.  My phone went missing last Friday, so that only adds more stress.  It's still missing.  Last night I had no Christmas cheer, then I started to think about why we celebrate Christmas in the first place.  It is not about finding the best deals on gifts, being stressed about trying to get everything done or dealing with family visiting.  It is to be in awe of the miracle of the birth of a little baby that was to become our King.  Jesus came for you and me, He came despite our constant sinful nature.  This is an amazing moment in history that is often overshadowed by the chaos of getting stuff.

When I started to focus on Jesus my stress diminished, I saw how unbelievably selfish I was being.  Today was a bit nerve racking, but I was trying to focus on watching my kids.  The excitement they got over opening presents and playing with them for hours.  That was the best present of the day for me.  I am thankful that I was able to spend Christmas with my family and share a great breakfast & dinner with them.  This post would have been done earlier but, due to a migraine (see above about stress) I am finishing this late before bed.  Besides stress I am one of those people that can only take being around other people for so long.  It's nothing they do, just the way I am.  Some great writers have been hermits, so I'm on the right track.  I am a loner at heart so gatherings take a tole on me.

I hope that no matter what the events are from today, you enjoyed celebrating with loved ones and were able to enjoy the greatest gift of all.  Even if you had no one to share the day with, you have a kind and loving Father who gives the gift of a warm embrace.  When the King of all nations descended upon this earth He shared the Father's love and mercy with all people.  We have been given a gift to share God's word with the world.  I hope you will join me in trying to share, despite our nature to sin and get things wrong many times.  If our hearts are filled with Jesus, there is no telling the amazing things we could do if we would only take a step of faith.

Merry Christmas to you and you families.  God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment