Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Quote - Abraham Lincoln

I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day.”

Abraham Lincoln

One of America's greatest presidents knew that even with the large responsibility of running this country, he needed help.  In his time there was the unknown, a seismic shift was shaking the foundations in this country, a horrific battle that was self inflicted was tearing America apart.  At no other time in history have we been so divided that we were propelled to an all out inward war on a grand scale.  Any great leader will know that they have been given a gift of nearly unlimited power that they have to decide how to limit it, so that the people and the country will prosper.  This war divided families, towns, cities and by an obvious line-states. 

No comments:

Post a Comment