"Consider what God has done:
Who can straighten what He made crooked?
When times are good, be happy;
but when times are bad, consider:
God has made the one as well as the other.
Therefore, a man cannot discover
anything about his future.
In this meaningless life of mine I have seen both of these:
a righteous man perishing in his righteousness,
and a wicked man living long in his wickedness.
Do not be overrighteous,
neither be overwise-why destroy yourself?
Do not be overwicked, and do not be a fool-
why die before your time?
It is good to grasp the one
and not let go of the other.
The man who fears God will avoid all extremes.
Wisdom makes one wise man more powerful
than ten rulers in a city.
There is not a righteous man on earth
who does what is right and never sins."
No one can change what God has done. We have no power or control over the things of the Kingdom. Yet how many have tried to change things beyond their control. All it does is frustrate us and make us miserable. It is wise to know that God made good & bad times. In bad times we should take time to contemplate everything God has does for us and that He knows infinitely more than we ever could. God keeps us guessing. We are not supposed to know our future. If we knew what was to come and it was bad, would we still go along the same path. It would alter the decisions we make instead of having faith in Him. Some get pieces to the puzzle, but do not have the overall picture to compare them to.
- pointing out other people's faults will win you no favor with God
- those who are here are in the depths of pride and don't realize it
- judgment comes quickly concerning others, as we ignore our own faults
- when we step beyond ourselves we can get lost easily
- decisions made can harm us down the road
- we can have too much faith in ourselves instead of God
- some go beyond all reason down a dark path
- justification for evil is no excuse to produce it
- pride and greed are an illusion of sanity and control
- putting yourself in a dangerous situation that is unnecessary
- not thinking things through can cost you dearly
- guard your tongue for it will wield a dangerous weapon