Saturday, July 27, 2013

Eccl. 3:9-14

v. 9-14 "What does the worker gain from his toil?  I have seen the burden God has laid on men.  He has made everything beautiful in its time.  He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.  I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live.  That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil-this is the gift of God.  I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it.  God does it so that men will revere him." 

Timing is important in the Kingdom, yet we try to speed it up to suit our needs and desires.  Many things God makes will take time to become beautiful.  When a baby bird hatches it is not cute and fuzzy.  It looks pathetic, many are blind, and the odds to survive seem to be against it, yet the baby grows into a very cute fluffy bird.  They are blind and defenseless so they have to rely on their parents.  Only when they have sight and strength can they start to fly.  I think that is how many of us start out, blind and scary looking, then we grow into the person that God meant for us to be - beautiful (no matter what is on the outside). 

Our hearts are bound to something that we can't see.  He has made a drive in us to seek eternity.  We can't even begin to see what He has done in the span of time.  Our minds could not handle it, He give us small nuggets of information at a time.  Sometimes I will feel something that is unseen.  It's as if I feel the intensity in the room.  I was at a Beth Moore simulcast and during worship I felt like I could not only feel the room I was in, but rooms across the US.  I was a crying mess because God was there and I could feel it.  So I might have looked strange to others wondering what was wrong with me.  That does not happen that often, but when it does it is draining to the soul.  I am not always open to see things in that manor and I am not special because of it, believe me when I say, I am the least of these.  That keeps me away from pride and keeps me thankful that God would use me in any way He sees fit.  All I have to do is look back and remember to see where I have come from to know that.  Our mission is to tell others about God, but also do good while here on earth.  Although when we try to keep track of our "good deeds" then we start to lose sight of the path we are on.

No comments:

Post a Comment