Monday, April 29, 2013

Watch out for the wolves

Last night I was watching a show where a pastor to justify his beliefs said that the bible writers were "having a bad day" in perceiving God's will and thought that a certain part of the bible was incorrect.  My heart sunk because I knew this was not true.  Red flags were going up everywhere in my mind.  I am a believer in the ENTIRE bible.  I can not pick and choose what I want to believe in out of the bible.  There are many stories that I don't understand or that seem terrible, but I believe the bible was written for all of us as a understanding of God and our history for the benefit of the present and for our future.  There are many that pick out only what they think is right.  This was not some minor issue, this is a core value issue in Christian life.  I do not want to settle for a lukewarm life.  2 Timothy 3:16-17 says, "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped of every good work."

If someone thinks that the bible isn't fully correct then how in the world can they justify teaching it?  This is why I believe we are to personally read the bible not just get our information through religious leaders.  I believe it is good to belong to a church and have good spiritual leaders in our lives, but this relationship we have with Jesus is completely personal.  If we do not know what the word says then when the enemy comes we will follow a misguided shepherd instead of the true Shepherd. 

Matthew 7:15 "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves."

No comments:

Post a Comment